Civil War Roundtable Quiz May 2105
St. Louis Civil War Roundtable May 2015
1. On 11 June 1861 a meeting took place at the Planter’s House Hotel in St. Louis which had massive repercussions for the state of Missouri. Who were the attendees?
2. On 6-7 April Confederates battled to protect the High Bridge in Prince Edward County, Virginia over what water course?
3. Who was Fanny McCullough, recipient of one of the most famous condolence letters written by President Lincoln during the war?
4. What US Presidential administrations served under the 35-star US flag?
5. How many stars were on the official US flag at the Battle of Gettysburg?
6. What is the proper protocal for superceeded flags?
7. Who was the only journalist to be court-martialed in US history?
8. Where was the first Memorial Day celebration held and when?
Copyright© 2015 John A. Nischwitz